After a recent review of its 2016 final rule to improve tracking of workplace injuries and illnesses (also known as the electronic recordkeeping rule), Illinois OSHA will require all State and Local Government employers in Illinois to electronically report OSHA 300A injury and illness logs.
The following employers are required to submit Form 300A to Illinois OSHA electronically:
- Establishments with 250 or more employees that are required to keep OSHA injury and Illness records.
- Establishments with 20-249 employees in Illinois designated high hazard industries. These categories are as follows:
- Department of Public Works
- Local Fire Protection
- State Nursing and Residential Care Facilities
- Water and Sewer Treatment Facilities
All the affected State and Local Government employers are to submit injury and illness data into OSHA’s Injury Tracking Application (ITA) online portal.
Injury and illness data for calendar year 2017 must be submitted between June 15th and September 30th, 2018. Beginning in 2019 and every year thereafter, submitting the information for the preceding year will be required by March 2nd.
Additional details regarding the final rule can be found on OSHA’s website. Please note that the compliance schedule timelines outlined in the OSHA resource page are superseded by the information and dates provided by the State of Illinois OSHA.